Saturday, March 7, 2009

Panthers 5 - Blues 3


Gonna be a quick one tonight, I'm headin' out for some celebratory drinks after David Booth's awesome night (and a friend of my wife's birthday). A hat trick for Booth and a huge win for the Panthers.
Nathan Horton also got back on the score sheet tonight. It was a solid game all around for the Booth, Horton, and Richard Zednik line. Horton may have played his best game of the year. He was looking to shoot every chance he got, something Stephen Weiss could take notice of. Maybe I just have selective vision, but Horton was firing on all cylinders, while Weiss was looking for the pass as soon as the puck was on his stick in the offensive zone.
I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, I promise. It was a solid game. Florida seemed to fall asleep for the first 10 minutes of the 3rd period, allowing St. Louis to get a sniff of tying this game, but a beautiful effort by Richard Zednik, finished by an easy one timer for Booth's trick, and this one was wrapped. In other action, Buffalo lost, but the 'Canes continued their hot play, beating the Lightning by a gazillion. But Florida is, for the moment, alone in 5th place. Go figure. I said I'd keep this short, so I'm cutting myself off now and heading downtown. Until next time...

No comments: