Thursday, January 8, 2009

Panthers 4 - Hurricanes 2: Vokoun Reclaims Starter's Role?

The end of the Panthers game happened to coincide with with halftime of my Gators game

Anyways, the Panthers won a key divisional game against the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-2, tonight. I was able to catch the 1st period and last 2 minutes of the hockey game. I'll look through some post game notes and give my full thoughts tomorrow, possibly. In any event, it's a huge, huge win for the Cats, who now sit just 3 points behind the 'Canes and gain an important 2 points on 8th seed Buffalo. Tomas Vokoun gets the win, and may have taken a huge step into reclaiming his #1 G spot (I'll admit it, I just like saying G spot)



Like I said, full report tomorrow if I find time, otherwise next Cats' game is an afternoon affair Saturday against the Thrashers. If the Panthers hope to continue their push for the playoffs, they have to beat the teams below them, such as Atlanta. Until my next post...

1 comment:

Rocket said...

It was a good night overall for Florida teams...Panthers and the Gators get their victories! I'd say that Vokun still has some work to do to remain consistently reliable in goal before his starting job is assured. Right now, one weak performance could bring Anderson to the front again...not that that would be a bad thing....